Why Should I Save My Progress?
As you probably know, playing Clicker Heroes and reaching higher levels can take a lot of time. Since your progress is stored in your browser (for example, the Chrome browser), if someone clears the browser cache or uninstalls that browser you will lose all your progress.
Fortunately, in Clicker Heroes you can save and load your progress using a special text file that is saved outside of your browser. You can even use these instructions to save your progress and bring them to a new computer. The important thing to know is that in order to keep your save file up to date, you should save as frequently as possible. We like to make a new save file once a day. Remember: your save file only contains the progress you had when you made the save file.
How to Save Your Progress:
- Click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the Clicker Heroes game screen.
- On the menu that appears, press the Save button.
- A save menu should appear. Select the computer folder where you would like to save the game, then press the Save button on that menu. You can change the name of the save file if you like (this is kind of like saving a document on your computer).
- The save game is now stored on your computer as a .txt file in the location you selected.
How to Load Progress That You Previously Saved:
- Find the .txt file that you saved on your computer.
- Open the .txt file. It should contain a long series of letters and numbers. Select ALL of the letters and numbers and copy them to your clipboard.
- Go to the Coolmath Games Clicker Heroes page. Once the game loads, click the wrench icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- On the menu that appears, press the Import button.
- Paste the saved game code into the dialog that appears and press the Import button.
- If your code was valid, your progress should be loaded! If you progress did not load properly, try to recopy the code from the .txt file to your clipboard and try again.